Skip to main content

Tracie Endorses...

Drum roll please...Tracie heartily endorses...the new Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard!  (You were thinking this would be a political post, right?  WRONG! )



I know I've gone on quite a bit about my efforts at good health this year.  My appreciation for vegetables and my avoidance of a lot of dairy products.  But there's something about this time of year, where I develop a sudden craving for all things pumpkin.  Cookies, bread, pancakes, soups, you name it.  So when I heard about Dairy Queen's new blizzard, it was pretty much a given that I would be standing in line for it at some point.

Some days, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, and today was one of those days. Besides, tomorrow is Fast Sunday, so I can afford to indulge myself.  There is a dearth of DQ's here in the Salt Lake Valley, but thankfully I decided to buy a house just up the street from one.  So off I went to the local DQ and stepped up and ordered myself the new blizzard.  Salivating with anticipation, I hurried home to inhale the beautiful concoction, and I was not disappointed.  

It has pumpkin ice cream, chunks of pie crust, and is topped off with a generous dollop of whipped cream.  It's divine.  Hurry in and get one - they're only available for a limited time.

Comments

Mmmmm... Sounds yummy! Everyone deserves a treat sometimes! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Goals

One of my goals this year is to go on a backpacking trip. It's something I've always wanted to do, but been too intimidated to try. Well, a few weeks ago, one of the girls in the Ward invited me on a backpacking trip to the Uinta's this summer. This time I immediately said yes. All was well until a few days later when reality set in and the thought of carrying 30-35 pounds of pack on my back while hiking in rough terrain just about made me cave. I did not have all the gear I would need, nor was I in good enough shape. The gear is something easily worked out. Most of it I can either purchase myself, or borrow from highly motivated friends. The physical conditioning was another matter altogether, so I decided it was time to get in better shape. I've been pretty good at exercising regularly, and I'm in ok shape for someone approaching a milestone birthday (if I say so myself). But I knew I needed to put in some extra miles, as well as add strength to my legs ...

Company 5K

Friday evening was the company 5K, and most of my team and their families made the effort to participate. The weather was perfect, and the route took us through the neighborhoods around the main building. We ended up finishing in about 45 minutes. Here we all are at the Finish line (l to r: Dave, his daughter and son, Robin, me, Tiffany, her boyfriend Scott, Sudhir, Bindu, and their daughter Naomi) After the 5K, I decided I needed a post-race recovery meal, and got myself down to the local DQ for a pumpkin pie blizzard.

Weird Al and Iowa

So a couple of weeks ago while watching TV, I happened to click on an A&E Biography of "Weird Al" Yankovic. Boy - did that bring back some fun High School memories. There were interviews with Dr. Demento (Weird Al started out on his radio show"), and snippets from some true comedy classics - for instance "Eat It", "Like a Surgeon", and others. I remember my best friend Jill really being into his "Polkas on '45" album. I went to High School in Iowa (Go Hawks!), and one thing about the midwest is that someone like "Weird Al" really fits in there. It's the land of brats and beer, and polka (I mean, the Iowa marching band's favorite song is the polka classic "In Heaven There Ain't No Beer"), and people there have a sense of humor - they don't take themselves too seriously. They work hard, have a good time, and are all about community. They take care of each other. When I get to heaven, there...