Skip to main content

Fabulous 4th and 5th

The Holiday Weekend continued yesterday.  My new ward meets in the morning, and is just a 2 minute walk away, which is incredibly convenient and attractive after so many years of going in the afternoon.  I was home by noon, changed into my casual clothes by 12:15 then started working on my dish to take to our family dinner.  While I was cooking, I watched 1776 on TCM - I really love that show, and continued reading from "Founding Mothers".  

By 3:30 I was on my way to my brother's.  Played with the kids (both of the kids have new beds they were excited to show me), grilled some fruit and some chicken, then went outside and helped with the fireworks.  The kids were too excited to wait until dusk, so we actually started around 6:15.  My niece got bored pretty quick, but my nephew totally loved every minute of it, and really enjoyed helping his Dad set everything up.  We had a great evening.  I left there around 8:30, and arrived home in time to watch the rest of "A Capitol 4th" on PBS.  I actually got the fireworks in stereo - on the TV, as well as outside.

This morning I left early to head up to Bountiful.  Played a round of golf with Janeen, then met up with Inge for lunch at Arella Pizzeria before heading to the theater to see "The Last Airbender".  It was pretty lame, but thanks to Inge, I did not have to pay for my ticket.  

Came home, made my first ever batch of guacamole, wiped all the dust off the car, and am now getting ready to spend the rest of the evening on the couch.  It's really been a terrific few days, and a great time to celebrate being an American.

Comments

Holley said…
Does this mean you have moved to the family ward? I hope you love it!
Tracie said…
Yes. Little issue with being a few blocks out of the singles ward boundaries. A bit of an adjustment, but so far so good.

Popular posts from this blog

Tidying Up

If you've been watching Netflix much lately, you've probably seen the new series "Tidying Up", with Marie Kondo. She's an expert in cleaning, tidying, and storing stuff, and her method is quite inspiring. I enjoyed the show so much that I ordered her book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up", and spent several days trying to get my house more in order. Not that I'm a hoarder - I have a basically tidy home. But the Kon-mari method teaches you to look at your belongings and ask yourself if each particular belonging brings you joy. If it doesn't, it's time for it to move on. I went through all my clothes first, followed by my books and DVD's, followed by the office, followed by the kitchen and laundry room. Whatever didn't bring me joy or a happy memory went into the pile. And when all was said and done, I ended up taking an entire car full of stuff to the local Deseret Industries, to hopefully be re-purposed for someone else to find

New 'Do

For probably the last 10 years or so, I've had pretty much the same hairstyle. For the most part, it's been long, all one length, and I would eventually put it up in a ponytail almost every day, because I couldn't stand having it in my face. It drove me crazy, but I didn't know what to do with it, and at the same time, I liked that I could basically get up and go every day without a lot of effort. For the past several months now, I've been threatening to do something different and drastic, and finally, yesterday, I did. At the recommendation of Angel, I made an appointment with her stylist. It took several weeks to get in, but finally, the day arrived. Angel went with me, for moral support, and to be the photographer. I went in with some basic ideas, but after some consultation and looking at photos with Francine, this is what I ended up with. First, the "before" shot: In process: And finally, the finished product: I can't remember the last time

2018 Year in Review

Whew! The last quarter of 2018 was a whirlwind! But I hung on, and am back for more in 2019. So to catch you up, here's a quick update: I completed the capstone project for my master's degree. It was a major challenge, and I admit I was at times fearful that I wouldn't be able to do it. But do it I did, and I was thrilled to come out of it with a solid grade. I was given some new opportunities at work. I was handed the company's most critical technology project, and tasked with getting it back on track, and delivered on time. While we did miss our deadline by a couple of weeks, the business signed off on the project and it is ready to go live. BA World Chicago. Our team went on a quick trip to a conference in Chicago, where we got some great information from some prominent business analysts. We also had some Giordano's pizza, got to visit the 96th floor of the Hancock Building, and attended the musical "Hamilton". Nephew #2 received hi