Skip to main content

Triple D Divas Do Northern Utah

Last Saturday, the Triple D Divas met for a day trip get-away to Northern Utah - specifically Logan and Brigham City (with a little touch of Idee-ho thrown in for good measure).

We started our journey with lunch at the Bluebird Cafe. Everyone knows about the Bluebird - it's about the oldest place on main street, and is tradition for anyone whose ever done a Logan Temple Trip.



We went in to see the Logan Tabernacle, and I snapped this cool picture of the oragn pipes.


(Of course, now that we're all in our 40's and have shrinking bladders, the Tabernacle also made for a clean and convenient potty stop.)

...Also a view of the Logan Temple spires from outside the Tabernacle...


 
 From there, it was off to Glossner's Cheese Factory for some squeaky cheese.


After that, we went to the Pepperidge Farms Outlet, and the girls all found some cookies and stuff.  But nothing really excited me there.  However, the outlet is located in Richmond, Utah, just a few miles from the Idaho border.  So we figured "what the hay, let's go to Preston".

A few minutes later we were in Preston, Idaho, home to "Napolean Dynamite".  We didn't find any tater tots, but we stopped at a mini-mart to buy some lottery tickets.  After putting in our $1 for a scratch ticket, none of us won anything, and the moral of the story is as it is with all games of chance - you lose a lot more than you win.


To drown our sorrows, it was back to Logan for some Aggie Ice Cream.  As a general rule, and as a Cougar Grad, I'm opposed to most things USU.  But on the other hand - the Aggie Ice Cream is divine.  And I highly recommend the Aggie Blue Mint - DELISH!  





Shortly after taking this photo, Janeen's ice cream promptly fell off the cone and on to the ground, but not without tumbling all the way down her white pants. DOH! (Note to self: Never wear white pants on an outing, no matter how cute they are).


After our ice cream, it was back down to Brigham for some chocolates from Idle Isle, another well-known cafe.  Truth be told, we also got some chocolates from the Bluebird chocolate shop in Logan, and this of course begged a taste test.  After the votes were tallied, Idle Isle came out the clear winner, for fresher chocolate and creamier texture.




We stopped at the Tabernacle to sit on the lawn and eat our delicious chocolates, and get a great view of the almost-completed Brigham City Temple.


After all the days doings, it was back to the car and time to head for home.  I don't know that we ever really came up with a title for this excursion. We had some food, some w(h)ine, some cheese, some Saints and some sinning (rhymes with winning - NOT!).  But all in all, a great time was had.  Stay tuned for more adventures of the Triple D Divas!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I cannot believe you didn't go to Maddox. What were you guys thinking?
Tracie said…
Well, technically we did. Although we didn't do dinner, we did stop there to use the facilities, and a couple of the girls bought some frozen steaks. :)
Unknown said…
Oh, those white pants ... you failed to mentioned that it was first tainted by a peanut butter M&M after she refused to sit on the grass because she wanted to keep her white pants clean ...
We love Brigham City! The temple looks so pretty - we can't wait to check it out when we come through Utah in a few weeks. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Goals

One of my goals this year is to go on a backpacking trip. It's something I've always wanted to do, but been too intimidated to try. Well, a few weeks ago, one of the girls in the Ward invited me on a backpacking trip to the Uinta's this summer. This time I immediately said yes. All was well until a few days later when reality set in and the thought of carrying 30-35 pounds of pack on my back while hiking in rough terrain just about made me cave. I did not have all the gear I would need, nor was I in good enough shape. The gear is something easily worked out. Most of it I can either purchase myself, or borrow from highly motivated friends. The physical conditioning was another matter altogether, so I decided it was time to get in better shape. I've been pretty good at exercising regularly, and I'm in ok shape for someone approaching a milestone birthday (if I say so myself). But I knew I needed to put in some extra miles, as well as add strength to my legs ...

Company 5K

Friday evening was the company 5K, and most of my team and their families made the effort to participate. The weather was perfect, and the route took us through the neighborhoods around the main building. We ended up finishing in about 45 minutes. Here we all are at the Finish line (l to r: Dave, his daughter and son, Robin, me, Tiffany, her boyfriend Scott, Sudhir, Bindu, and their daughter Naomi) After the 5K, I decided I needed a post-race recovery meal, and got myself down to the local DQ for a pumpkin pie blizzard.

Weird Al and Iowa

So a couple of weeks ago while watching TV, I happened to click on an A&E Biography of "Weird Al" Yankovic. Boy - did that bring back some fun High School memories. There were interviews with Dr. Demento (Weird Al started out on his radio show"), and snippets from some true comedy classics - for instance "Eat It", "Like a Surgeon", and others. I remember my best friend Jill really being into his "Polkas on '45" album. I went to High School in Iowa (Go Hawks!), and one thing about the midwest is that someone like "Weird Al" really fits in there. It's the land of brats and beer, and polka (I mean, the Iowa marching band's favorite song is the polka classic "In Heaven There Ain't No Beer"), and people there have a sense of humor - they don't take themselves too seriously. They work hard, have a good time, and are all about community. They take care of each other. When I get to heaven, there...