Skip to main content

Looking for my Mojo

Here it is, 2013. And while I had a terrific Christmas and a Happy New Year, something about 2013 has been off for me so far.  Not only, off, but it seems that I have gone and lost my "mojo".  Case in point: 

A couple of weeks ago, I'm out running some errands, and I have my itinerary all planned.  Planned, that is, until I have a small accident with my finger while I'm trying to get out of WalMart, an accident that involves bleeding profusely.  I finally get myself back in the car, and change the itinerary to head home, because it's pretty darn difficult to run all your errands while you're bleeding profusely.  So I get home, and the garage door won't go up.  Not only won't go up, but I have to sit and play with it for 10 minutes (did I mention the part about the bleeding) until it finally does go up. I run up the stairs to take care of the wound, and fumble all over, one-handed, while spilling first aid supplies all over the counter before I'm finally taken care of.  I hop back in the car to continue running errands, which now entails an extra $40 for a new garage door remote.  I get home and try to calm my nerves with a smidgen (really a liter) of Diet Pepsi.

Not only does this not make it better, but it gets worse.  I needed to change out the garbage in the bathroom. And in doing so, I spilled half of it in the toilet.  So there I am fishing for garbage in toilet water, one-handed.

Later that evening, I went to make some instant brown rice - and put in twice as much water as it called for. That was after I spilled half of the stir-fried vegetables on the floor.  When I tried to wipe that up and throw it in the kitchen garbage, did any of it go in the garbage can? Not hardly.  You guessed it, it went all over the floor. 

That was two weeks ago.  And frankly, it's been pretty much the same ever since.  Things are a little off at work, too - my boss is irritated with me. And good luck getting any of my multi-cultural co-workers to understand a thing I'm saying. I can't begin to tell you how many clarifications I've had to send out to them after they've misunderstood my meaning.  I've taken to conducting regular sessions in the bathroom stall, where I breathe deeply and count to 10.  I've even gained a couple of pounds that I can't get rid of, even with more vegetables and more exercise.  And it's got me way stressed out, too. I feel like that waitress Vera, on the old show "Alice", the one who's so high strung that straws and napkins and silverware are flying everywhere in the diner. And my diet pepsi budget is starting to get a little out of control.

I don't know if it's the endless inversion, the single-digit temperatures, the 3-day snowstorms, or a house elf that's out to get me.  Could it be that I've somehow gone through a worm-hole to another dimension? Whatever it is, I'm a bit tired of it. I'm ready to place an ad on KSL:

LOST - My mojo. If found, please return to Tracie ASAP. Reward offered, all the diet pepsi you can drink (I'll even throw in some Brussel Sprouts - and you all know how I love Brussel Sprouts).

Comments

plainoldsarah said…
sounds terrible! maybe once this inversion passes we'll all feel reborn and get our mojo back.
Sorry that you are having a rough couple of weeks sis! Things will get better very soon - I'm sure of it! Sometimes we get so hung up on what's going wrong that it's all that we can concentrate on. Try looking for the good that is happening in your life and you'll realize that maybe things aren't that bad.... At least your little sister LOVES you and what's better than that, huh??? :)

Popular posts from this blog

Tidying Up

If you've been watching Netflix much lately, you've probably seen the new series "Tidying Up", with Marie Kondo. She's an expert in cleaning, tidying, and storing stuff, and her method is quite inspiring. I enjoyed the show so much that I ordered her book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up", and spent several days trying to get my house more in order. Not that I'm a hoarder - I have a basically tidy home. But the Kon-mari method teaches you to look at your belongings and ask yourself if each particular belonging brings you joy. If it doesn't, it's time for it to move on. I went through all my clothes first, followed by my books and DVD's, followed by the office, followed by the kitchen and laundry room. Whatever didn't bring me joy or a happy memory went into the pile. And when all was said and done, I ended up taking an entire car full of stuff to the local Deseret Industries, to hopefully be re-purposed for someone else to find

New 'Do

For probably the last 10 years or so, I've had pretty much the same hairstyle. For the most part, it's been long, all one length, and I would eventually put it up in a ponytail almost every day, because I couldn't stand having it in my face. It drove me crazy, but I didn't know what to do with it, and at the same time, I liked that I could basically get up and go every day without a lot of effort. For the past several months now, I've been threatening to do something different and drastic, and finally, yesterday, I did. At the recommendation of Angel, I made an appointment with her stylist. It took several weeks to get in, but finally, the day arrived. Angel went with me, for moral support, and to be the photographer. I went in with some basic ideas, but after some consultation and looking at photos with Francine, this is what I ended up with. First, the "before" shot: In process: And finally, the finished product: I can't remember the last time

Triple D Divas Do Northern Utah

Last Saturday, the Triple D Divas met for a day trip get-away to Northern Utah - specifically Logan and Brigham City (with a little touch of Idee-ho thrown in for good measure). We started our journey with lunch at the Bluebird Cafe. Everyone knows about the Bluebird - it's about the oldest place on main street, and is tradition for anyone whose ever done a Logan Temple Trip. We went in to see the Logan Tabernacle, and I snapped this cool picture of the oragn pipes. (Of course, now that we're all in our 40's and have shrinking bladders, the Tabernacle also made for a clean and convenient potty stop.) ...Also a view of the Logan Temple spires from outside the Tabernacle...    From there, it was off to Glossner's Cheese Factory for some squeaky cheese. After that, we went to the Pepperidge Farms Outlet, and the girls all found some cookies and stuff.  But nothing really excited me there.  However, the outlet is located in