Skip to main content

New Pewtah

Aunt Tracie broke down the other day and finally bought a new computer (or as the nieces and nephews call it, a new pewtah).  Not that this was a critical necessity by any means, but I was sick of my agonizingly slow machine, and I'm sure the Lord was sick of my continually cursing it.  It was so bad, that I couldn't wait to get home and not get on my computer.  So I went to the Dell website a couple of weeks ago and looked around.  It took me several days to make a decision, which will not come as a surprise to most of you.  But I finally decided on an All-in-One desktop.  I wanted to maintain a designated work/office space, so no laptop.  And I wanted something that would be fast and have a lot of memory, but not take up a lot of space.  Plus, it came with a 22 inch wide-screen monitor, and what woman of a certain age couldn't use that?

It arrived last week, but since I was out of town, I didn't get it home and set up until last night. But now that I've used it a bit, I have to say, that it's dang cool!  It's so fast!  And it's a touch screen, so I can use it the way you see the team use it on NCIS (what's not cool about that?).  It's also got this really cool music game where I can play all sorts of musical instruments on the touch screen - I've got my own little synthesizer now.  When I told Angel about the new purchase, she commented that they'd probably never get me away from it now.  She would be right. Although there is one downside to it that I can see so far.  It's so big and luxurious that it's overpowering to my eyes.  My optic nerve can't process all the awesomeness.  But the wireless keyboard and mouse (not to mention my synthesizer) more than make up for it.  And have I mentioned that it's super fast?!



I also purchased a wireless router.  So the other plan is that I'll be able to start streaming my Netflix movies, or work on my company laptop here at home without having to plug in.  I also need to purchase a new printer, which maybe I'll take care of this weekend.

(I took a picture to show you what it looks like, but apparently the Pewtah's too awesome for the old image viewing software.  So I've attached a shot from the Dell website...)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

New 'Do

For probably the last 10 years or so, I've had pretty much the same hairstyle. For the most part, it's been long, all one length, and I would eventually put it up in a ponytail almost every day, because I couldn't stand having it in my face. It drove me crazy, but I didn't know what to do with it, and at the same time, I liked that I could basically get up and go every day without a lot of effort. For the past several months now, I've been threatening to do something different and drastic, and finally, yesterday, I did. At the recommendation of Angel, I made an appointment with her stylist. It took several weeks to get in, but finally, the day arrived. Angel went with me, for moral support, and to be the photographer. I went in with some basic ideas, but after some consultation and looking at photos with Francine, this is what I ended up with. First, the "before" shot: In process: And finally, the finished product: I can't remember the last time

Tidying Up

If you've been watching Netflix much lately, you've probably seen the new series "Tidying Up", with Marie Kondo. She's an expert in cleaning, tidying, and storing stuff, and her method is quite inspiring. I enjoyed the show so much that I ordered her book "The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up", and spent several days trying to get my house more in order. Not that I'm a hoarder - I have a basically tidy home. But the Kon-mari method teaches you to look at your belongings and ask yourself if each particular belonging brings you joy. If it doesn't, it's time for it to move on. I went through all my clothes first, followed by my books and DVD's, followed by the office, followed by the kitchen and laundry room. Whatever didn't bring me joy or a happy memory went into the pile. And when all was said and done, I ended up taking an entire car full of stuff to the local Deseret Industries, to hopefully be re-purposed for someone else to find

Triple D Divas Do Northern Utah

Last Saturday, the Triple D Divas met for a day trip get-away to Northern Utah - specifically Logan and Brigham City (with a little touch of Idee-ho thrown in for good measure). We started our journey with lunch at the Bluebird Cafe. Everyone knows about the Bluebird - it's about the oldest place on main street, and is tradition for anyone whose ever done a Logan Temple Trip. We went in to see the Logan Tabernacle, and I snapped this cool picture of the oragn pipes. (Of course, now that we're all in our 40's and have shrinking bladders, the Tabernacle also made for a clean and convenient potty stop.) ...Also a view of the Logan Temple spires from outside the Tabernacle...    From there, it was off to Glossner's Cheese Factory for some squeaky cheese. After that, we went to the Pepperidge Farms Outlet, and the girls all found some cookies and stuff.  But nothing really excited me there.  However, the outlet is located in